Still Here!

Another holiday has passed - Ninoy Aquino's death anniversary - yet it was just a typical Saturday except that people did not have to work. I saw some banners and flowers at the People Power Monument along EDSA yesterday morning and that's about it.


I've been busy the past few months living life - work, family, friends. Even if I did not blog, it does not mean my love for anything food and travel was put on hold. Since the last holiday (Independence Day on June 12) where I took a daytrip to Corregidor Island with some friends to learn more about the 2nd World War in the Philippines, I've been to Hong Kong, Macau, and have been eating out a lot in Manila. Of course, there are heaps of pictures and stories to tell. Someday, you'll see them all here.

But for tonight, I leave you with the August issue of ABS-CBN's Food Magazine. I don't usually buy food magazines but this particular issue caught my eye at Mini Stop one weeknight. Surprisingly, this issue is not much about food as it is about drinks! Aaaaahhh! The August issue is full of thirst quenchers! I'm not talking about fresh fruit drinks but beer, wine and cocktails! And the perfect food to take them with.

FOOD August 2010 Cover

Yummy foreign beers in the market. I particularly want to try some Trappistes beers at Distellery.
And the cocktails, which I will always give up if there's no good brew on offer

Of course, there's the wine I only know by preference
(note to self: attend winetasting lessons soon)

Lastly, there's Turkey -- the country I will visit and discover someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...