Greyhound Cafe in Bangkok

While on mission in Bangkok last year, two "aunts" from UNESCAP invited me to dinner since that was the only common time we had (unless it was prior to office hours). I stayed at the InterContinental Hotel then and it was right at the center of shopping and dining. But to avoid the crowds, my hosts directed me to the nearby Central Chidlom Mall along Ploenchit Road.

We ended up eating at Greyhound Cafe and it's one of those eating experiences in Bangkok that one will always remember. I don't know if it was the ambiance, the array of food choices, the presentation, or the flavor. It was a just a perfect blend of modern and classic Thai food presented in a minimalist chic way.

For starters, we ordered the Caesar Salad with Country Style Dressing. And this one is divine with thick slivers of cheese!

We also ordered the popular Greyhound Famous Fried Chicken Wings. With a hint of fish sauce and something else, it had a the taste of chicken cooked from home that you just want to eat and eat! Really good.


We mostly ordered appetizers that it seemed we had a "tapas" spread of Asian food on the table. On a healthier note, we also had the Pomelo Salad and Fried Vietnamese Spring Rolls. 




 And for my main, I had Grilled Salmon with Japanese Soya Sauce and Sesame Seeds. Despite all the appetizers we shared, I was still able to finish my salmon. Of course, I love salmon, and this one is too tasty to  skip.


If you're planning a trip to Bangkok, Greyhound Cafe is a must-try. I'm not sure if  you need reservations but it was pretty full when we got there for dinner on a weeknight. With six branches in Bangkok, for sure there's plenty of opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...