Little Ethiopia, Cape Town

Personal collection as usual

One Friday evening, my friend S and I opted to have dinner at Little Ethiopia. It was recommended by our Ethiopian classmate as the better restaurant than the other one nearby. After a few turns from Long Street, we found the hole-in-the-wall eatery along Shortmarket street. One wouldn't even notice it as it was small and narrow. On a good day, one could dine al fresco too.

It wasn't full yet so our food arrived quickly. We opted to share a big platter with a little of everything. My dear friend from Botswana was equally to hungry to remember and figure out each viand in our big, big platter. All I remember was that everything seemed so delicious with the ingera, the white sticky bread (like pita but gooey) that we ate with the stewed meat and vegetables. There was a wash basin within the restaurant and enough tissue paper, which was very helpful because one would inevitably use one's fingers. 

My advice: come with an appetite and an open mind. If I were to return to Cape Town, I'm definitely eating there again and will bring more friends! 

Little Ethiopia, 76 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town. Tel: 021 424 8254

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...