Corteo by Cirque du Soleil


I've always fancied the circus. I don't know if it's the costumes, the music, the animals, the acrobats, the dancing, the lights or simply because it is fantasy made real. Perhaps it was going to Circus Circus in Las Vegas as a child. I remember going to a temporary one where RCBC stands in Makati now and never had the chance to see one since. 

When Cirque du Soleil came to Manila, my Tatay always urged me to go and watch. He said the chances of me going back to Montreal to watch them would be slim. Seize the opportunity. But I didn't. I found the tickets too expensive and I did not make time. I also prioritized other shows like Fuerza Bruta

So when Cirque du Soleil went to Dusseldorf last year to perform Corteo, I couldn't skip! Thankfully, my classmate O from Nicaragua had also been waiting for the chance to see them perform. Ignore the cost, ignore the distance (most venues are away from the center). So off we were to the bright white tents! 

The story was not really clear to me. The show was a mix of German and English. Pictures and videos were not allowed but I managed to steal a few snapshots! It was just a parallel world. An old man died and he dreamt of the afterlife. It was a whole new community comforting him it was fine to crossover. The performers were so engaging that they involved the audience several times. They would throw ballons or a midget over. It was like almost two hours of wows and ahs! Tense but fun! For a better idea, here's a video from their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...