The Killers in Hamburg


I did a harebrained decision to watch The Killers a day before the show. I don't know when I'll ever have the chance to see them again and I was so glad I braved the long journey (thanks to HVV) to the O2 Arena.

I'm not a big fan of The Killers.  I've just been a passive listener the past few years except for one song that really brings me back to memories of a specific period of my life that need not be mentioned here. So when the first song they performed was Mr. Brightside, I was floored! If the concert started with that song, the rest would just be overwhelmingly great! And it was!

It was so good I regret not buying a ticket closer to the stage. I usually just prefer to hear the live performance and not to see the band up close but Brandon seemed so hot in his tight pants, just so polished! Singing, playing the keyboards, dancing, jumping, rousing the crowd incessantly. 

The band was performing in Germany, even if it was Hamburg, so Brandon was practically begging for the crowd to lighten up and dance. So many times he made reference to dancing shoes even on a Monday night. Towards the end, the crowd sang to the old songs and danced to this rock band's music. Strange but really, I associate The Killers to dancing too. =) Most definitely not a quiet Monday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...