Beijing Mission - Postponed By Request

Visa and tickets were already issued. Our hotel was booked, and I already reserved a room at a quaint hostel called Red Lantern House at the Xicheng District (I was advised to avoid central Wangfujing if I wanted real Beijing) so I could extend and see the Forbidden City and hike to the Great Wall of China. Then four working days  before departure, the meeting was postponed.

Thankfully, I didn't make any other preparations aside from the ones above. I knew who to ask about a good operator but didn't make the effort to ask. The only thing I read was a page from a Turkish Airline booklet that featured their destinations all over the world.

I've never been interested to go. This time, I bothered because it was work, and more than $2,000 was going to spent on me for five days just to be there. So why not?

But I'm still thankful it got postponed, to at least July this year. I would rather go to Taipei. No, I would really like to go to Taipei!

This is not the first trip this year not to have pushed through. There was a meeting in Bangkok last February to negotiate a cross-border agreement that included Afghanistan, and there was a a trip to Donsol last March, which was my 3rd attempt since last year to see the sharks. This meeting should have happened this week. I could have said tonight, I just came from the Great Wall of China! 

Sometimes, you never know it is for real until you're already on the plane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...