Kai Neo Japanse Cuisine

Since I moved to Germany, I realized my taste buds have significantly changed. In Bochum, I found most dishes bland and lacking flavor. Non-spicy Mexican food, non-salty Spanish food, or simply "empty"-tasting Vietnamese salads.

So when I had lunch at Kai Neo Japanese Cuisine recently, I really appreciated the clean flavors of the dishes. None were oily and what you taste are just the natural flavors. E and I ordered a lunch menu each (I had grilled mackerel and he had seared pork) accompanied by their house sake, and a sashimi platter because I missed raw salmon.


Unfortunately, the sashimi platter came without salmon, and without them informing me that it was unavailable despite us asking which types of fish were included before ordering. I decided to return it and they accepted, then came back, and said they finally have salmon. 


If it weren't for the impeccable service, ambiance, and interiors, I would have been thoroughly disappointed. But everything else was perfect at Kai. For sushi and sashimi, I will just have to go somewhere else. 


Kai New Japanese Cuisine 
Greenbelt 5, Legaspi Street
Tel.: 757 5209

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...