Religious Peaceful Coexistence



No filter tbt from our trip last March 2014. Paris was the first city I visited in Western Europe long ago but didn't appreciate it at all until last year. I could've started working there this week but somehow glad I wasn't there when the appalling attack to freedom happened yesterday. I can't count the many times I've lived, worked and studied with Muslims both here and in Europe. Sometimes, I get along with them even more than Christians. This misunderstanding crosses borders and nationalities and there's lots to do for peaceful coexistence. Prayers don't just go for France but every single multi-cultural community.  #jesuischarlie


I posted the above picture and anecdote on my Instagram account earlier but I felt it just had to be shared here too. 

It's disturbing that at this day and age, religious acceptance (not tolerance) is still elusive. While most societies separate the church and state and claim they are secular, events like this show that faith is so intertwined with civic life and culture that the state will have to intervene. Whether it is through immigration, better integration schemes, or simply providing an environment that engenders respect and not provocation among different beliefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...