Kitchen Help

For the longest time, I've always been comfortable in the kitchen, both cooking and eating. I've been blessed to share that joy with family and friends through the years, although not as much in recent times.
I've been longing to rekindle my passions and cooking always comes first. After browsing NYtimes for some inspiration, I stumbled upon Mark Bittman''s article on Paris bistros.
Opening up my own place has always been a dream I shared with my mom, and expressed to K. It has always been a retirement option, and retirement seems a long way to go. Lately, I've been thinking of what I really want and how to get it.
I want to open my own bistro by employing out-of-school youth who share the same passion for food. I want a gourmet-charity-bistro of sorts. And to make that happen, I'm planning to enroll in a short culinary course in March. I know it seems so far away but that's when my weekend teaching post ends (more on that next time).
Yup, school again. Instead of dole outs, I believe in skills transfer: the VSO way.
One day, it will come full circle: all the eating, all the traveling, all the learning, all the helping. One happy fulfilled community. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...