Inspired

Rogue Magazine on Chef Gaita Fores and Pepato
Rogue Magazine on Chef Gaita Fores and Pepato
It's been exactly a year since I browsed a local foodblog. Over the weekend, I remembered there's more to Manila's food scene than clickthecity.com and random citations in Preview magazine and High Life.
I clicked on Dessert Comes First and remembered what it was like to breathe, eat, and shit gastronomy. All of a sudden, I remembered who I was and what I have always wanted to be - a chef/food writer/gourmet nomad. And I also remembered Our Awesome Planet. I joined their Pampanga tour last February and had the best and most memorable breakfast spread yet: Italian sausages, smoked salmon, steak, fritatas, yogurt, cereal and fruits, capuccino and fresh fruit juices. Well, those are the only ones I can remember tonight.
I'm sure there are more Pinoy blogs like those of MarketMan but I haven't had the chance to browse them yet. I've seen enough to be reminded. I am glued to AFC and the Travel and Living Channel but I guess, I've become a passive viewer.
Anyway, as stated in my previous post, I've decided to take a short culinary course next year. So far, I've found two schools in Manila: ISCAHM and CIA. International School for Culinary Arts and Hotel Management along Katipunan Avenue has a longer history than the Culinary Institute of Aristocrat along Roxas Boulevard. Both offer the short course I'm interested to take: weekend classes spread through 2-3 months providing basic culinary training. Right now, I've got a biased preference for ISCAHM. :)
It feels good to be inspired. Tomorrow, I'm getting copies of Rogue Magazine (because Lori Baltazar of Dessert Comes First is featured this month) and Travelife (because I must get my travel writing act together and it has features on Buenos Aires and Macau- two places I want to visit).
This weekend is the beginning of something good. I love the fire of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...