Fresh Green Salad

Romaine lettuce, arugula leaves, tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, calamansi juice and olive oil. I used to be just a Caesar Salad girl. I still love it but when I lived abroad, I became friends with a Cypriot girl who introduced me to fresh green salads: fresh Mediterranean salads with black olives and fresh peppers with lemon and olive oil vinaigarette. That's when I started treating peppers like fruits - eating them as soon as they're washed. Aaaah. Crunchy sweet peppers!

It's been a few years since I lived in Europe the first time as a student. The first time, I left Manila in September. The second time, as a volunteer, I returned to Manila in September too. It's been two years since. Two years since I decided to finish graduate school and attempt a living a linear life - just stay put and be normal. It's been roughly a year since I started this blog to document and share how I've been coping with linear life in Manila. A blog to chronicle how I try to adopt the lifestyle I enjoyed away from home and note interesting things along the way.

After all, the lifestyle I enjoyed most was being surrounded with culinary delights that seemed ordinary to locals, art and culture as a way of life, taking the tram and metro to work, and travel, travel, travel. This blog is primarily about food and travel as I look back to my gourmet nomadic life and see how it's possible to do it all over again.

In gist, the past year has been rough and busy but with it's fair share of blessings too. After work and school-related travel for such a long time, the past 12 months, I re-discovered traveling for simple pleasure and leisure. Having had the opportunity to travel every month, including Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Thailand and Bohol for plane rides, despite an unfilfilling desk job makes up for linear life.

It's almost autumn but it's never too late to restart. My month is coming up. And after rough year, I'm eager to have fun again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...