Food Blogs

Here's a drawing from a new discovery: Lobstersquad. If only I can be back in Madrid savouring the joys of food!
On a typhoon-stricken weekend like this, it's best to stay home. The telly was on while I was preparing a quick lunch: sauteed Hungarian sausages with garlic, paprika and olive oil spaghetti. By the time I was done cooking, my surfing ended at the National Geographic Channel. Food Lovers Guide to the Planet featured how essential bread is in a variety of cultures like France, Italy and India. Aaaaah. The passion for bread. The show featured an American baking fresh baguettes daily in Paris, an American guest in a Tuscan kitchen learning how to prepare the traditional bread salad with unsalted bread, and a devoted American learning the art of French bread in mainland U.S.

But what caught my attention most was the next segment on food blogs. Four bloggers were featured: Sticky Rice from Vietnam, Chez Pim from San Franciso, Cha Xin Bao from Hong Kong, and David Lebovitz from Paris. One medium, different reasons, all about food from different corners of the world.

Visiting their pages, led from one blog to another, and one article to another. I eventually stumbled upon an article at the Times UK giving a glimpse of remarkable food bloggers from all over the world. Read more on Meet the Food Bloggers. Suffice to say, I am inspired and have heaps to read during my idle moments. I've also updated my food and travel links on the righthand side of the page for easy reference to blogs I find interesting.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...