The Weekender



Here's a photo of BusinessWorld's Weekender from last weekend. It was Friday and a copy was free for everyone's perusal at the pool - best way to dream about the weekend before 5pm. Believe it or not, it was the first time I came across BusinessWorld's weekend edition. I've always read BW on weekdays and just never had the chance to appreciate the regular weekend escape in print.

While living abroad, I thrived on the lifestyle pages of weekend periodicals. Back in Leeds, it was the Guardian and back in Podebrady, it was just Financial Times and International Herald Tribute in between flights. It got me the habit of consulting the newspaper for events and shows, new restaurants and just anything under the sun.

If it weren't for last weekend's BW Weekender, I would not have been reminded to watch Julie & Julia last week (which I absolutely loved, I haven't finished watching the film for the first time and I wanted to watch it again already) or becoming aware that My Life in Ruins was showing as well (better worth waiting for HBO next year, in my opinion).

So, here's to a new habit! Reading BusinessWorld's Weekender that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...