One Fine Day

A day off and having the liberty to wake up naturally (often late) is always a good day in my book. Stumbling upon a series of blogs makes it even better.

Later in the day, a short walk brings me and my mom to watch "No me pidas que te bese porque te besare." It succeeds in taking me away from Manila and takes me to what truly matters to people - to persons, set in the suburbs of Barcelona. We're all special. "Dreams come from trauma" was reiterated in the movie. You got to get over it. Understand it and deal with it. Then move on. "Close your eyes, and say it." Trauma or not, I think dreams are born out of desire -- from lacking something in the present and wanting, hoping, yearning for something to happen -- to be.


Back home, more blog travel with "No Reservations" in the background. I've seen this movie before and never tire of watching it. Anything with food, I'm on it. Anything with successful single women, finding love, I'm on it.

And since we're on to love, I boiled a potato, mashed it with some butter and pepper, added some bacon strips and put it on high in the microwave. With mushy spuds drowning from crunchy bacon fat (I just thought about adding the bacon after I was done with the "mashed potato"), arugula greens somehow tamed the cholesterol. Boy, you must try this instant piece of heaven! Crispy bacon, creamy potato and bitter arugula all in one spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...