Bochumer Weihnacht

All photos from my personal collection

I didn't get to to prepare any of the breakfasts I posted last night. Instead, I had a Schneeball (or puff pastry shaped like a snowball), which I bought at Bochum's Weihnacht - a series of events leading to Christmas. Here are a few pictures from my quick sojourn around Bochum's city center with every available space occupied by the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market). 


 Lebkuchen to your heart's desire! As a ginger-lover, I am confused which to get.




 Choose your fruit, then choose your chocolate dip
 Spiced nuts

 Glüwein, anyone?
 And he was the kindest man who satisfied my curiosity about the Schneeball. Except he said it comes from Bavaria. According to Wikipedia, it's from near Badden-Wittenburg. Okay, it's still in the south. Forgiven.
 Fried pizza? choose your toppings from the savory to the sweet
  A stall selling beer taken for granted.
 Mild cheese from Berg, Austria
 Want to get the bacon ones for my Tatay

 I love an open grill like this. If only we have something as big as this for entertaining at home. Must be so enjoyable
 And cold cuts from the Tirol mountains of Austria

 Oh smazeny syr (fried cheese) heaven! Cheese coming from Holland and France with sauteed mushrooms!

 Enough said.

 Coming from Asia, these seafood look so pathetic. But must make do with what's available.
 Ham from Bavaria
 Thin crust pizza I wanna try
 Oh love!

The Bochumer Weihnacht will be open from 22.11 - 21.12. 2012. More information available from http://www.bochumer-weihnacht.de/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...