One More Chance: Cologne

Personal

I've been to Cologne a few times, and again and again, I was not impressed. I usually should be - it's got a river, an impressive Dom, an old town, narrow cobble stone streets, microbreweries, lots of museums, and shops - all things I like. But again, I was not taken by Cologne unlike other European cities. I like Berlin, Frankfurt and Dresden. Weimar is charming. 

But after reading this article from the New York Times Travel Magazine, I want to give it one more chance. In fact, I want to visit Cologne again, instead of spending my next free day exploring Dusseldorf - another city I filed in the "dislike" folder. Of all the places I dislike in Germany, all of them are in North Rhine Westphalia. I don't know why. And to make things worse, I live in this state. Hahaha! 

So yes, the next few months will be a documented effort to see the side of this state that appeals to me because it certainly cannot be that bad. If Taschen is originally from Cologne, then it should be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...