Frühstück / Breakfast / Agahan

It's past midnight and I should be sleeping. But I'm thinking of what to have for breakfast tomorrow - lazy Sunday. As I ponder (in my dreams) what to have tomorrow, I leave you with two photos - one a Filipino breakfast, while the other is a Western one.

In the Philippines, it's typical to have sinangag (garlic fried rice) and a sunny side up egg (spiegelei) and a choice of pork sausage, beef chunks, corned beef, or dried seafood for breakfast. This is the breakfast to have when you have time. There are other Filipino breakfasts too (chocolate porridge, pan de sal with coffee etc) but there are too many variations to mention. My breakfast above from last weekend was with dried squid (tintenfisch). Dipped in vinegar, it's just so perfect with the salty rice and egg. Of course, with a cup of coffee. This absolutely destroys any diet. 


I described this second one as Western as I'm not quite sure if Norway has a monopoly of smoked salmon the way Italy has on parma. Anyway, here's what I have been having for breakfast this week:  Räucherlachs (smoked salmon) with frischkäse (more like cream cheese) on knackerbrot (crispy bread). I blame my mom for my fondness for salmon. Since all the above items are available at Aldi's, it's all affordable and accessible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...